Mysore Food

Thought I would close the week with a colage of different foods, from here and there, around Mysore. Enjoy.
Chocolate banana pancakes (more like crepes) at Santosha  hmmmmm

Food from Sri Durga (The Stand Up Caffee) delish!

A new place discovered “Authana” near the Loyal World supermarket

The Land lady cooked for us, the little bowl had that cucumber milky mix that is very refreshing (not shown in the picture yet), and the rice had indian spices, very nice…

Some vegetables from the market that I had not seen before, ever…

Dosas from the Gokul chats, I have had so many they may be running out

Snaks

Santosha again

Ganesh’s place, the picture came out green cause the ceiling is somewhat green and filters the light
Tea at the Green hotel

Enjoy the Saturday rest day, I won’t because we are all having a led class as the shala is closed on Sunday!
Oh, and one last note, this picture if for Nobel who thinks that Sharath drinks a “special” kind of coffee

, ,

13 Responses to Mysore Food

1. Boodiba January 28, 2011 at 12:42 pm #

I miss coconut chutney! I used to be able to get it at the one, EV southern Indian restaurant, Madras Cafe, but they closed during our little economic collapse. Oh well.

2. wineye January 28, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

I&#39;m enjoying your posts, An outsiders view of the city, n i must tel u that u are very good at it :)<br /><br />the cucumber milky mix is called &#39;Raitha&#39; It&#39;s finely chopped cucumber and onions mixed with Yogurt. Goes well with most Indian rice dishes.

3. aimee January 28, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

Beautiful! I miss India! Glad you are eating well 🙂

4. Yyogini January 28, 2011 at 2:35 pm #

Thanks for the pics! That dosa thing looks really good! I&#39;d love to try some one day!<br /><br />You should ship a bag of that coffee to Nobel 🙂

5. the wild magnolia January 28, 2011 at 5:58 pm #

Fabulous share, I&#39;m having so much fun.<br /><br />Banana pancakes, they look wonderful! All the food looks so good. I&#39;ve never seen or eaten Indian food. sigh…..<br /><br />Have a great weekend.<br /><br />Blessings.

6. Claudia January 28, 2011 at 7:03 pm #

@Boodiba, yes I used to love the Madras Cafe too… if it is the one I am thinking of… but there are plenty of others in that area… they must have it somewhere! :-)<br /><br />Wineye, thank you!, I was at the shala yesterday afternoon to get a t-shirt and was trying to figure out which one was you… every student looked very dedicated and serious so I could not tell… thanks for telling

7. Claudia January 28, 2011 at 7:04 pm #

YYogini about shipping the sidhis cafe to Nobel, if it fits in the bag I might, good idea

8. Nobel January 29, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

Yyogini, thanks for the suggestion about shipping the coffee to me. <br /><br />Yes, Claudia, you might want to think about doing that, if it&#39;s not too much trouble. Once I start brewing and drinking the coffee, I&#39;ll be doing sixth series! And then I won&#39;t have to go to Mysore; the whole world will be coming to me, and I&#39;ll have to start a shala here in Minnesota 🙂

9. Claudia January 29, 2011 at 10:42 pm #

Nobel, yes The Nobel Research Institute where all students drink Sidhi coffee! I love it! where do I sign up?

10. エスタ February 4, 2011 at 9:07 am #

Ohhhhhhh this is driving me crazy…I sooooooo want to go back!!! Keep posting, it is sweet torture ; ) xx

11. Claudia February 4, 2011 at 10:17 am #

ha ha ha, I know what you mean, and yet I am kind of missing home&#39;s food….

12. Cory March 24, 2011 at 1:14 am #

I LOVE INDIAN food. I must have been Indian in a previous life. <br /><br />I&#39;m lucky that in Singapore I get loads of authentic thosais and masala teas and coffees. <br /><br />If you ever come to Singapore, I would definitely bring you there after practice!<br /><br /><br />I think i will run over to the Indian stall opposite campus and buy a masala thosai for lunch tmrw…. plus a chai/

13. Claudia March 24, 2011 at 5:42 am #

Cory, I guess this confirms my question from a previous comment, yes, you are in Singapore, good to know!, and I would love to, yes if I come to Singapore we will do brunch together and I hope you show me those masala dosas, which are my favorite thing in the world!!! 🙂