Satya Sai Baba Dies. Leaves Behind 9 Billion Dollars

Tens of thousands of mourners have been visiting the south Indian ashram where the body of revered guru Sri Satya Sai Baba is on display“… says the Asian edition of the BBC.

Sai Baba is the guru who, at least to me, became famous when he was said to be able to materialize gold powder out of his own hands.

I heard the stories of people going to India and coming back to Buenos Aires and telling everyone how they had seen it with their own eyes:

Many devotees… considered him a living god and credited him with mystical powers including the ability to conjure objects out of thin air…”  continues the report.

One thing the did materialize was money:
It is unclear who will run the trust set up by his devotees in 1972, now believed to be worth nearly US$ 9 billion
You can read the full article here.
Have you met him? What was your experience of Sai Baba?

8 Responses to Satya Sai Baba Dies. Leaves Behind 9 Billion Dollars

1. Arturo April 25, 2011 at 8:15 pm #

i have the same gift because i have golden dust on my hands all through the standing poses. now i know what it is. i mistook it for skin flecks 🙂

2. Claudia April 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm #

Ha ha ha

3. yoginicory April 25, 2011 at 9:52 pm #

the ex-husband was a big fan and we did go to his temple more than once (him more than me). used to have some of his "ashes" at home (supposedly good for healing or don't know what – i never bothered and thew it away). i have my doubts. i read that he allegedly abused boys sexually. it's just what i read – i didn't bother to investigate.

4. Claudia April 26, 2011 at 6:57 am #

Hi Yoginicory, there is indeed a lot of controversy over and around him…but just like you say, who really knows? I never met him or went to his ashram… I appreciate your comment.

5. aclarke June 17, 2011 at 4:31 pm #

– normally i wouldnt comment on SSB on normal forums and leave at that, but this forum has open minded Yogis, so i will just say .<br />- all such allegations are BS. anyone can say anything in this free world (eg conspiracy theories). it is not even admitted in US court let alone proven. if i make same allegation against you , just like that, with no evidence , only my word for it, how would you

6. rrpai June 18, 2011 at 3:08 am #

This comment has been removed by the author.

7. Claudia June 18, 2011 at 6:49 am #

Aclarke<br /><br />I know you wrote a comment and for some reason did not appear here so I am putting it here again<br /><br /> normally i wouldnt comment on SSB on normal forums and leave at that, but this forum has open minded Yogis, so i will just say .<br />- all such allegations are BS. anyone can say anything in this free world (eg conspiracy theories). it is not even admitted in US court

8. Claudia June 18, 2011 at 6:51 am #

Now, again me, in answer to your comment, I understand and I am glad you expressed your opinions.<br /><br />I am not against Sai Baba or anything, I was just stating the facts of what I read, he died, he left 9 billion behind. I know far too little about him, and I never speak poorly of anyone… not my style…<br /><br />I agree with you on many of your points God is omnipresent, avatars