My Yoga Instructor Goes Naked with The Kardashians: Power to Him!

Ralph Craig, a dedicated and advanced Ashtanga practitioner/teacher was featured in a Time Magazine article last spring together with John Campbell, the certified Ashtanga teacher of Pure Yoga (West) in New York.

I remember the photo shoot day. We were told by e-mail to come bright and early so the class would be full and I had illusions I would also appear on the magazine spread.

I even color coordinated my leotard to my shorts. See: About the Time I was NOT Featured in Time Magazine.

Ralph in Time Magazine last Spring
Here is the full photo shoot

Anyways, it turns out that a few weeks ago there was a huge e-mail blast to all yoga instructors in the city when Kim Kardashian, the reality-TV-star that became famous by ‘accidentally’ releasing a sex tape, decided to take a hot naked yoga class with her friends, or something that would provoke some confrontation with her man so that TV episodes would sell to advertisers. You know? as in adding “sex” to “hot” to “yoga” to “Kardashian”.

I must admit, whenever I am in a hotel and hence have access to television (I don’t have that at home) I am horrified and at the same time fascinated by the Kardashians, and have difficulty putting the TV to sleep.  Good thing that does not happen so often.

Ralph was selected to be the instructor and he did it.  I have had a few opportunities to talk to him and receive his adjustments, I find him very serious and dedicated and am quite happy that he is getting some time in the spot-light. He is a great teacher.

Ralph teaching Kim Kardashian and friends on their
girls morning out
TV is trying to turn this into the incident that broke up Kim’s marriage, but I find that the purpose of the marriage may have been a very different one considering that in 72 days of being in wed-lock the couple made US$10,000 per hour.  Clearly Ralph had nothing to do with that.
Ralph does get to talk about his practice in the article and also about how he does not fear going naked:
When you stop thinking you get out of the way“.  Indeed!
Here is the video [If you can’t see go to ClaudiaYoga.com]

A Conversation and Demonstration With Yoga Instructor Ralph Craig from Amira Alhassan on Vimeo.

And that is my gossip column for the week.

, , , , ,

11 Responses to My Yoga Instructor Goes Naked with The Kardashians: Power to Him!

1. Nobel December 1, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

Hmm… I wonder what the Ashtanga police would have to say about all this … 🙂

2. Claudia December 1, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

Hee hee, I am pretty sure the ashtanga police has already been notified 😉

3. roseanne December 1, 2011 at 2:12 pm #

interesting! great to get a behind-the-scenes take on this "drama." and you now have less than six degrees of separation from the kardashians.

4. sereneflavor December 1, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

I saw this on FB (the caption, not the video) and it inspired my blog post today. Did you really see the episode while you where traveling? I've only seen photos of the ladies in question never video. I bet the place you practice at is going to have a lot more clients come new years!

5. Claudia December 1, 2011 at 5:34 pm #

Roseanne, that is funny, I guess I do, two degrees to the Kardashians hee hee<br /><br />S/F will check now, been busy, want to read your take. I did NOT catch the episode while travelling, no, just recognized him on a picture this morning… by chance, funny how life works. And yeah, I hope Pure gets lots and lots of customers! they treat studetns well there, I like it.

6. Teeg December 2, 2011 at 8:56 am #

The kardashian show is my very guilty pleasure that only happens when I&#39;m traveling or at a friends house (thank goodness I don&#39;t have a TV). how scandalous they are haha if anyone needs yoga in their lives.. its them.

7. Yogadawg December 2, 2011 at 8:57 am #

Ah, mystery solved…:)

8. Claudia December 2, 2011 at 8:59 am #

Teeg, I don&#39;t have a tv either, good thing! :-)<br /><br />Yogadawg, you know it!

9. Ralph Craig December 3, 2011 at 8:15 pm #

Thank you for your sensible comments. I actually follow your blog, and I preciate your sense about the whole mess.

10. Claudia December 4, 2011 at 7:56 am #

Thank you Ralph. See you in class 🙂

11. Claudia September 1, 2014 at 2:25 am #

<a href="http://indianmilf.net/&quot; rel="nofollow">South Indian Sexy Mother And Her Daughter Forced Raped By Police Officer</a><br />~<br />~<br />*<br />*<br />~<br />~<br /><a href="http://indianmilf.net/&quot; rel="nofollow">Muslim College Girls Virgin Fuck Video, Muslim Girls Sex With Her Hindu Boyfriend</a><br />~<br />~<br />*<br />*<br />~<br />~<br /><a href="http://indianmilf.net/&quot; rel="nofollow