SUNDAY YOGA BLOG TIMES: WHY GO TO MYSORE INDEED

She is being split! -in a good way- and from today on… led intermediate series. Great news!

Sharath on how the body opens, castor oil baths, why padmasana? when to start pranayama, and more. Great conference recount by Suzy.

And since Sharath was talking about it, here is the Castor oil bath. The Ashtanga Yoga Saturday practice.

Grimmly wonders, why go to Mysore?   Nobel does as well, and gets a direct answer from Kino. Interesting points of view from all over the world.

How it feels like to assist in that BIG room!

John Cambpell in Kapilasana

After the post on dry-brushing our skin I was one of many left with the question: how about the face? Although intuitively it felt wrong to dry brush I was grateful to Kiki for showing a good way to exfoliate this delicate area.

Been thinking a lot about words, their meaning, their power, aaaand their proper English pronounciation. On that I found a very funny post which I dare you to read out loud! Then you will understand what it feels like for a foreinger.
And for all of you out there whom, just like me, have English as a second language, I feel your pain, and offer you this. I found it through YogaChickie in Twitter. (Thank you)

Did you get sent THAT article from the Times, like, a million times this week?  Read Kai for a good dose of common sense about it and a laugh.

LAST SUNDAY YOGA BLOG TIMES: WANNA HELP?

6 Responses to SUNDAY YOGA BLOG TIMES: WHY GO TO MYSORE INDEED

1. Grimmly January 9, 2012 at 4:47 pm #

Not the kind of post that gets comments but you know we love the Sunday Yoga Blog Times right and appreciate you putting it together. So many great posts from you this week too Claudia that I've only had the chance to glance at and mentally mark for more careful reading later.

2. Claudia January 10, 2012 at 2:10 am #

Thank you Grimmly I appreciate you saying 🙂

3. wandering mb January 12, 2012 at 3:56 pm #

Last weekend was my first attempt with the caster oil bath- I'm a fan of things that say they soften skin and ease inflammation! I have mixed reviews, though- skin felt good once I got rid of the greasy feeling, but it didn't really ease aches and pains like I'd wanted. The house was cold, so maybe that didn't do me any favors…

4. Claudia January 12, 2012 at 7:18 pm #

Wandering mb, the first teacher I talked to about it mentioned it was important to keep warm for those 10 minutes. The cold does not help indeed. Then again, different bodies ract differently too, maybe it is not your thing… I doubt anthyng would work for everyone… but I would try it in a warm room before passing it… who knows, maybe that was it. 🙂 appreciate the feedback

5. Anonymous January 22, 2012 at 8:45 am #

You must visit this new restaurant called Elements Bistro, Its on Temple road close to St.Joseph's school in Jayalashmipuram.Its a beautiful cafe and All day diner with beautiful ambiance, very artistic and great food. Pancakes, eggs, coffee, fresh juices, thick shakes, pasta, sizzlers and more..and very friendly hosts. Call them for directions on 9845558060

6. Claudia January 22, 2012 at 8:47 am #

Thanks anon, good to know